Brigid is currently working with lawyers at the Earth Law Center as a policy lead on a range of environmental law projects. This work included researching and drafting the preamble for Universal Declaration for Rights for the Great Lakes.
She provides environmental policy advice to the Merton Liberal Democrat party and ‘Clean Air Merton’, a grass roots advocacy group, feeding into the Mayor of London’s Clean Air Strategy. In addition, Brigid has been asked to participate in a U.K. Environmental Law Association (UKELA) Public Health and Environmental Law Working Group as part of a multi-disciplinary team to influence policy making in the domain of environment and human health / wellbeing.
Research and writing: ‘Legal Liability for Climate Change’ (with Ian Burton, University of Toronto, 2016).
John Lewis Partnership (2015, London)
- Research, writing, editing and data management for first annual sustainability report combined with financial report.
- Undertook gap analysis for strategic planning (customer waste), including report on benefits of circular economic model.
- Produced paper on human rights and ethical trade in context of a global supply chain.
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust (2014, London)
- Ethical supply chain in procurement of surgical instruments. Carried out risk assessment of major suppliers, including consultation with internal and external stakeholders (senior clinicians, hospital management, British Medical Association, Ethical Trade Initiative, NHS Supply etc.)
- Produced report on current procurement practices and proposal for next phase of implementation.
World Wildlife Fund (2012, Godalming)
- Produced legal research papers: E.g. Wild Law & ‘Ecocide’, OECD Guidelines Complaint Procedures involving Multinational Companies Operating in the U.K.
Foundation for International Environmental Law and Development (2009, London, MA Internship)
- Preparation and organization of legal documents and briefs for senior counsel to Alliance of Small Island States (Conference of the Parties 15, Copenhagen).
Brigid has an LL.B. from Edinburgh University and an MA (Environment, Politics and Globalization) from King’s College London.