China’s rapid growth has carried a heavy environmental price but in recent years it has taken significant steps to become more sustainable. China is now set to become a leader in sustainable technologies – both as an adopter and as an innovator. It is imperative that China and the other major economies transition to a low carbon future and those organisations that can support this transition have an important role to play.
The Low Carbon Strategy Network has linked-up with a company in China, Smart Sense Global, to provide support to companies that are considering China as a potential market. Smart Sense Global are based in the Tongxiang region (close to Shanghai) which is rapidly becoming a centre for innovation and development of new technologies.
Smart Sense Global is supported by China’s highest economic development commission, the National Development & Reform Commission (NDRC) and is able to provide:
- Investment funding
- Fast company set-up
- Licensing & access to the China market
- Revenue generation
- Banking arrangements for importing/exporting funds
- Market analysis and customer insights
- Strategic partner formation
- Localization services including:
- Real estate readiness (contracts, licenses, utilities)
- Business operations (IT, HR, legal, accounting, purchasing)
- Foreigner visas
- Negotiation of tax incentives
We are currently identifying companies that offer advanced technologies, innovative materials and other solutions to support sustainable economic activity. If your organisation is considering China as a possible future market we would be pleased to give more information on the support that is available.