Richard has over 20 years experience facilitating strategic change. He has worked for some of the world’s largest organisations both in the UK and internationally. He has specialist expertise in facilitation, behavioural change and stakeholder engagement. He now uses this experience to help organisations place sustainability at the heart of their strategy.
Examples of his work include:
Richard led a six-month project for the East of England Development Agency to define a strategy for sustainable economic development. The project identified the competencies required by regional government to encourage sustainable growth. He designed and facilitated a wide range of events for the executive teams of regional government. Based on the findings he produced a report outlining recommendations to government.
Richard was lead facilitator for a range of events with The Department for the Environment and Rural Affairs (DEFRA). The events enabled the Minister of State to identify issues and concerns from a wide cross-section of stakeholders prior to launching new policies.
Extensive experience of leading teams through change and facilitating high-profile events including:
- The Houses of Parliament: Facilitating workshops for senior representatives of the Houses of Parliament
- Ministry of Defence: Facilitating senior leadership events and workshops
- NHS: Management events to define strategies for mergers and restructuring
- Information Authority: Managed eight-month consultation programme to improve collaborative working across the higher education system
- Crown Prosecution Service: Six-month project to build closer working relationships across the criminal justice service
In 2017 Richard was involved in the launch of a report: Vision for Britain: Clean, Green and Carbon Free.
Richard has an Economics degree from York University and an MBA from Warwick University.