Shane works at a strategic level advising on the application of technology with particular focus on environmental issues such as future cities, sustainable communities, energy systems, and innovation ecosystems.
Shane has worked with major corporate clients, government agencies and NGOs. This experience includes:
- City strategies
- CSR programmes
- Citizen engagement
- International trade strategies
- The Internet of Things
- Distributed work environments
- Open data strategies and tools
- Digital service innovations
- Smart mobility solutions
- Data visualization and analytics
Shane previously worked for Cisco’s global foresight consultancy, where he led programmes in sustainability, technology innovations and new consumption business models.
Shane has written widely on the role of ICT to deliver sustainability, digitalisation imperatives, the future of work, and engagements beyond large cities. He also co-founded TechResort CIC in the UK, and is on the Software and Internet advisory board of Mercia Technologies PLC, a leading UK technology investment company.
- MSc in International Business, Birkbeck, University of London
- A. Economics, Kingston University
- FRSA: Fellow at the Royal Society for the Encouragement of the Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
- MCIM: Professional member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- AoU: Academician at the Academy of Urbanism